Posted by: zee | 2009-08-12

I hve lost my hearing in the one ear but i still have the loud noise. Would it be a good idea for them to disconnect it as i have already lost my hearing.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Zee
If I understand you correctly, you are a known sufferer from Menier's Disease, which over a period of time may lead to complete deafness of a particular ear. The sound your are mentioning, is called tinnitus, that means that you are aware of sound, without a claer external stimulus. I would suggest that you see an ENT surgeon to establish if this is the case, and only in very selected and few cases could one attempt to obliterate the inner ear. If this is not the cause of your tinnitus, the exercise will be in vain, and can not be recommended.