Question
Posted by: Sheenah | 2011/06/28

Menapause..?

Hallo Dr..I am 40years old..never been pregnant..don''t use any pills not to get pregnant..use condoms..don''t want to get pregnant at this age..periods was regular..24 to 29 days..Last month it started on day 48..? Still have not had one this month..on day 42..! Font have moodswings..even asked my Hubby..hehe..don''t have night sweats..just not regular periods any more..? Should I be wirried..? When should one start taking Estrogen..?Do you only get it on Prescription..? Should I go for hormone blood test..? I have been under more stress lately..moved..death in family..etc..Could this be the reason..?My Mom never went into menopause..nhad to take pills for periods to stop..Hope to get answer soon...thank you and God Bless..

The first thing to do would be a pregnancy test. It is possible that stress could have caused the missed period, but you won't know that for sure. You usually only start hormone replacement when you reach menopause. The average age for this is 50.

1