Posted by: Alison Wrathmall | 2013-02-08

MenaCal 7

Please advise if the above supplement is safe for someone to use who had breast cancer and is taking Tamoxifen. Many thanks.

Dear Alison
I have checked my copy of MIMS and calcium supplements in general and MenaCal.7 in particular are not listed under Contra-Indications for the listed Tamoxifen products. However, because it is so important that Tamoxifen should protect the patient in question who suffered from breast cancer, I would recommend that she should discuss the use of MenaCal.7 and any other supplements she may be taking or intends taking, with the doctor who has prescribed the Tamoxifen and/or her pharmacist, just to make sure that are no interactions or contra-indications.