Posted by: Also frustrated | 2008-11-20

Men - low libido

It seems as though there are many women who are going through the same problem as I am. Almost everyday there is a woman looking for help regarding her man not wanting sex anymore. And the situations almost always sound exactly the same...
- he always makes excuses
- he' s definitely not cheating
- he says there' s nothing wrong with us (the woman)
- every other aspect of relationship is fine, except the sex
- the woman always has to make the 1st move, even for a kiss
- the man says he' s simply not interested in sex anymore

What is going on? Why are so many of our men not wanting us anymore? And for no specific reason. Not even they (the men) know what is wrong.

I' ve been going through this for over a year, and all I want is to get that look from my husband one more time....that look in his eye where I can see he is completely turned on by me. All I want is a passionate kiss, without having to ask for it. I just want him to want me!!!!!

This could be a textbook description of a man experiencing erectile problems. A man would rather say that he is not interested in sex anymore rather than setting himself up for failure. This failure could be caused by performance anxiety., if it happened once or twice or three times, then, what often happens, is that when a man gets ready for six. He is worried, if his penis will indeed work. His attention is then drawn away from the sex act, and of course, penile failure occurs . This fear can become so great that a man is no longer prepared to go through with it. This failure can be caused by medical erectile dysfunction, where the hardness of the erection is either not sufficient for penetration or the erection is not sustained long enough to achieve penetration and coitus. This is normally caused by physical problems, including hypertension, high cholesterol, had diabetes, as well as the many everyday medications that are used to treat these problems. This is the most common form of erectile problem, and it affects 50% of men over the age of 50 years. If your man has a beer belly and is over 40, and this is the most likely cause of the problem. Having medically checked out. And yet there is nothing wrong with the relationship, and he still likes you, and it's not your fault. All true, he just cannot perform as used to beforer and cannot handle the embarrassment. You mention that all you want is a passionate kiss, in a man's mind that equals foreplay. Men find it very difficult to differentiate between intimacy and sex.

Posted by: Mike | 2008-11-20

Get a life - sex is not the be all and end all. get over it ladies !

Reply to Mike
Posted by: g | 2008-11-20

insensetively answered Mike, but hey...i cannot disagree with you more,

Reply to g
Posted by: Mike | 2008-11-20

In a word ladies - we are just too stressed making money to support your needs. Sex is not that big a deal. Get over it or get some toys for girls!

Reply to Mike
Posted by: Strange | 2008-11-20

I am a man and I am ecperincing the opposite. My wife waits for me to make a move. I deliberately dont make a move to see her reactions, nothing. It is as if she is not bothered by sex. I once ignored it for 2 weeks, no word from her side. It is everytime me that has to inisiate. She never, but never, and that the honest truth, suggested we have sex. I never get oral, unless i ask. She will go for a bath at night, put her p.j' s and go and read a book. No word, no suggestion nothing. Is it expected of men to always make the first move. Is it so that we can show our appreciation for the fact that she is willing? Or is it that she shinks, if u want it, you ask for it and she got the power to say headache or not. We sometimes also want to be feel wanted, some words of encouragement. I' ve heard of woman that go down on there hubbies unexpected. gee, I wish ja.

Reply to Strange
Posted by: Also frustrated | 2008-11-20

Hi. gosh we' ve fought and talked, and argued about this so often. He says I put him under pressure. So after that, I won' t do anything to put him under pressure, and I ignore the topic of sex. But then a week will go by, and I start feeling sexually frustrated cos I' m not getting any, and then he will ask me what' s wrong, so I' ll say...I' m not getting enough sex. And then we back to square one.

Once again, we agreed that I shouldn' t bring up the topic and let it happen naturally. It' s been 2 weeks now, and not even a passionate kiss.

I' m really going crazy!

Reply to Also frustrated
Posted by: Frustrated | 2008-11-20

I feel you! I have posted the previous one, and i feel better knowing that i' m not the only one going through this. But we still need help on how to get the sex back... :(

Reply to Frustrated