Question
Posted by: Rina | 2010/07/27

Men 0 pause?

Hi Dr, I am not sure how to ask this question, but do men go thru menopause? My husband(54 yrs) suffers from hot flushes, every day, quite badly and randomly and they last about a minute or so. He is on no medication that might cause it. He is Healty and fit, does not smoke or drink. I find it hillarous, as i am on medication for my " events" 
pls advice what you think this might be, Thank you. :)

Hallo Rina
Some men do get low testosterone levels, although it is not as common as in women and I would really advise him to go for a testosterone test at your GP. If it is normal, they should exclude other causes, as Thyroid disease, lung infections and some cancers can also cause hot flashes.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/27

Hallo Rina