Question
Posted by: takeiteasy | 2011/04/13

MEMORY LOSS

I was diagnosed with cryptococal meningitis,in 2009 April I was given fluconazole, the doctor said I should take it the rest of my life. I was wondering if it has no side effects because since the attack of the illness I have noticed that my memory is not sharp any more I forget things, its scares me. Is it the medication or the effects of meningitis itself?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Whether this is as a result of the meningitis I cannot say, but I think we can rule out the fluconazole treatment used in 2009 as a possible cause.

Try a taking a good Omega oil supplement, i.e. Salmon oil, EyeQ etc.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/04/14

Reply to pharmacist