Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2010/03/11

Memory Loss

Dear Doc

A friend of mine (38) was diagnosed with encephalitis 2 months ago. She was in a coma for 10 days. She is now struggling with severe memory loss and a feeling of having her mind " blank"  on most days. Is it possible to regain memory function after encephalitis? Generally speaking, does the memory function deteriorate further or will it stay the same as it is now or get better? I know its impossible for you to give a definate answer, but a general answer would be greatly appreciated. I dont know the type of encephalitis she had, but the MRI scan said Cerebellum atrophy, celebral atrophy, maximallian bodies atrophic.
Thanks so much!

Hallo Sarah
it is really difficult for me to give an opinion -her neurologist would be better able to give an indication of what she could expect in terms of recovery.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/11

Hallo Sarah

Reply to cyberdoc