Posted by: Jenny | 2009-06-04

I' m 32 years old and I have a problem that I don' t know if it is mental or physical. I' m not on any medications, and I don' t drink alcohol, so that can' t be the cause of it. I' ve realised when speaking to other people that they remember all the people that they went to school with, and everything about them. I can only remember a few people from school, can' t remember the teachers, and I can' t even remember the people I studied with. People are friending me on facebook, and the names look vaguely familiar, but I can' t place them. It is as if my entire past is just a blur when I try to remember it. Even currently I kind of feel like I am in a haze.

We vary as to whether we remember such things, relted to many factors, such as the people ( some are too boring or unpleasant to remember ) and whether we concentrated on remembering them at the time. Many people, like you, have only fairly hazy memories of their school days. And if your facebook pals are posting recent pictures, it would anyway be hard to recognize them. I remember when I attended a 40 years on high school reunion, I wondered who all the old blokes were, only to get closer and reognized --- these are US !
Seriously, if you are woried about your memory, a psychologist can do tests to see if there is any actual memory deficit, and then the shrink can help to assess this and work out why it may be and what's best to do about it.

Posted by: Latoya | 2009-06-04

CS is right, some people don' t add much value to your life to remember, i know of people who won' t remember peoples names, even if they have spent time with them last month, so its not a big deal, as long as you can remember the most important thing in your life its ok

Reply to Latoya
Posted by: wellifounditfunny | 2009-06-04

i dont even remember yesterday Jenny so dont cant be that important...not like you went to school with Jesus or anything ....

Reply to wellifounditfunny