Posted by: Mazzie | 2008-12-10

I noticed on your respose to solution you said " it doesn' t properly get into memory"  I have a similar problem when I read things don' t filter through I forget what I read and I love reading please help with tips to get my memory in order I cannot afford professional help.

There are many different ways in which a person's memory may work in a faulty way. Memories are not stored like a photo or computer file in a single place, but different aspects of events are stored in different places, so when we "recall" something, what we recall is reconstructed. We can't recall what we didnt understand, so work on understanding. We can't recall everything, so focus on the important bits ; identify them and repeat them. Repetition and pratice inhances memory. Its not clear from your question what it is you are reading and wanting to remember. With novels, I find I don't want to remember tioo much, just enough to follow what's happening --- that way I can read it again later and enjoy it again. Factual stuff, I need to organize and identify what I need, and why, and concentrate on the important parts