Question
Posted by: Pinky | 2008/07/08

Memory

I have been suffering from bipolar depression for 10 years . Previously my dr was struggling to stabilise me on anti depressant there was a problem with the side effects. Finally I was stabilized on Prozac . Then I felt pregnant and could not use Prozac anymore so my psychiatric had to try and stabilize on something ells and the safest option was cleft which did not work previously I also drank stilnox until 5 months witch my dr did not recommend but I used it in any case. I later discovered that I had memory lost for sometime during my pregnancy. There was something I could not remember I do remember my employer recommended that I should take leave because I couldn’t deal with clients I would star an sentence but would stop in the middle and could not complete cause I could not remember what I was saying. I remember bits and pieces of . is there a way to get me to remember ? And was it normal?

The memory problem you describe sounds complex, and could be related to numerous possible factors. It would be adviseable to arrange to see a good local psychiatrist for a full assessment and advice based on the results of that. You may well not reciver recollections of whatever you were not remembering at the time --- whatever the cause of the disturbance you experienced, if these things were not being properly recorded within your memory at the time, they may not be recoverable ( just as you can't re-gain pictures of something your didn't photgraph at the time ).