Posted by: ria | 2009-03-10

membrane rupture????

Hello Doc,
I really appreciate the good work you' re doing giving answers to all these questions,but i' ll love for you to be more explicit in your answers,pls explain properly so people would fully understand and not giving one sentence answers.Please understand that some of us can' t reach our doctors easily and so depend on your professional advice in the mean time.
That said,i went out today and when i got out of my car i noticed my jeans was wet,i have' nt noticed any more fluids after that though,could it be that my membrane' s ruptured.Am about 37+ weeks pregnant.

Unfortunately, many people give me one line questions with little detail, which makes it difficult to answer the question. Also many situations need a full assessment and examination and cannot be adequately addressed over the internet.
Your question is a good example. Yes it is possible that you membranes have ruptured. However, it may also just be a watery discharge or some pressure on your bladder which has caused a bit of urine leakage. The only way to tell the difference between these three possibilities is for your doctor to examine you.