Question
Posted by: TK | 2009/11/06

Melting Stitches

I had a lap procedure done about 2 months ago, and the surgeon advised that I had melting stitches. I saw him a week after the procedure and he was happy that the op was healing and he told me that the stitches will disappear.

It is now 2 months later and I still have the stitches, popping out, and are quite brittle as well.

Any idea why the stitches will not melt? Is there anything I need to do to make them melt?

TK

TK

Reconsult your doctor for advice, as he will know what type/product of stitches he used. You can use Bio-Oil to lesson the scarring and to promote wound healing.