Posted by: Jane | 2009-08-24

Melodene (Missed a few)

Hi doc,
i missed a few pills last month, i keep forgetting, say every 2nd day &  then again this month, i missed 2 days and started my period when i had JUST finished.
Why does this happen? I am obviously not protected against falling pregnant?
Please could you advise.
Thank you.

It happens because yourt hormone levels fall when you miss pills and you then bleed. If you have missed a number of pills, you will not be protected from pregnancy. You should use extra precautions for the next two weeks.

Posted by: Tsatsi | 2015-09-21

Hi, I made a mistake with my Melodene and took the wrong row, one immediately after the pink ones, not following the arrows. I had a period a week after my period. I then went back on the silver where I should have started in the first place. My period hasn't stopped after 7 days. Is it advisable to stop completely and start again after my next period?

Reply to Tsatsi
Posted by: Visitor | 2009-08-24

I am also on Melodene.
Please set a daily reminder to take the pills. When you had forgotten to take the pill did you take teh " forgotten"  pill as soon as you remembered ( the next day at least)? If you did that you should be fine. And if you missed the inactive ( pink ones) pills there shouldn' t be a problem. IN future set a reminder like i suggested.

Reply to Visitor