Question
Posted by: Lila | 2013-01-16

Melodene

I want to know if it is normal to have my period for only 1 day every cycle when on Melodene? I have even skipped my period some months although I follow the packet exactly, ie drink the active and inactive pills. I am not sexually active anymore but had a baby 2 years ago. After that I was breastfeeding for 13 months and started on melodene about 6 months ago because I get alot of pimples when not on the Pill. I am 28 years old, my BMI is 20.7, which is normal and I have never been under- or overweight...

Lila

It is not uncommon to experience light periods when on an oral contraceptive, like Melodene. If you are concerned, I suggest that you consult a gynaecologist for a papsmear and ultrasound, to evaluate the endometrial lining.