Posted by: flower | 2009-07-09

melatonin 3mg

i was told by a medical doctor to use melatonin for my baby to sleep at night. My son is 9 and a half months old and has disturbed sleep for various reasons, teething, very active during sleep, cannot go from sleep to deep sleep. This causes my son to be miserable the next day and cries a lot.

I was told to use half of a 3mg tablet but i dont know much about this drug and was wondering if that is not a bit much for such a small baby, should i not try maybe a quarter first.

Then is this a safe drug to use? Is it herbal?

Any side effects i should be concerned about?

what can you tell me about this drug.

Expert ImageNatural health

i would possibly first try a smaller dose and see how he response. Dr Reckeweg 15 - makes a liquid for disturbed sleep and insomnia - no side-effects with this.

Dr Debbie