Question
Posted by: Ang | 2008/10/27

Melamine Found in Baby Formula !

In the news this morning I read that they have found traces of melamine in the baby formula. These traces are however within the legal limit. Firstly, if its harmful how can there is a legal limit? What signs should I look out for, and would you suggest changing from Nestle to Aspen or another formula?
I am rather worried ! ! !

Dear Ang
At the moment the whole world is in a panic because of melamine and rightly so. I did not see the report in this morning's newspaper about a baby formula, but was it specifically one you are using for your baby and was the report about a South African case?? If 'Yes' to both questions, then I would recommend that you phone the Helpline of the manufacturers of your baby's formula and ask their advice. You may have to change your baby's formula if the South African brand of the formula you are using contains melamine. That this scandal was ever allowed to engulf the whole world's food supply via China is most worrying. At the present moment we do not even know if any or all the baby formulas made in SA contain this chemical or not.
So phone the Helpline (check on the label) and find out what the position is.
Holding thumbs for you

1
Posted by: Nick | 2008/10/27

Nestle products got none. Spoke to friend thats work at nestle.

Reply to Nick