Posted by: sunny | 2009-02-19

Mega Static Shocks? Science or Mutation?

I know that a human being get electricuted or shocked by static eletricity,i have heared that static electricity can send sparks but that is no big deal a lil puny spark,right???? i have never heared a man getting heavily electricuted by it but the funny thing is that i often get that shock,till this very day, let me explain it to u more precisely, its just that my pc has an earthing problem n i stay around it a lot,sometimes when my luck runs out i feel very feeble vibrations in my body n just then if i come in contact with ne metal or other person i get shocked n even shock them,n im talking abt serious shocks, believe me i hear the blast i see the spark n it brightens up the 1/3rd of the room.even my friends have felt that shock n one time i just hit my friend he n i felt the shock in our hearts, it just felt like a shock given to dying patients,i have never heared a static shock to be that big. is this normal?? I know it has something to do with positive n negative charge of electrons but how can it be so big where u see the spark where u hear the blast,why is it so powerfull? i have felt this static shock just like getting shocked with the regular current voltage running in our homes n electrical appliances. Is this normal????

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

You can't get electrocuted (i.e. killed by electric shock) by static electricity, under common circumstances, with one exception: getting struck by lightning, which is a form of static electricity, or static discharge. An electric shock from static electricty is usually mild, although it does happen more often to some people, and some experience it as a larger, and more unpleasant shock than it is for most people. However, what you describe sounds like a much greater shock than is normally associated with static electricity. Does this only - or mainlly -
happen when you are in your home? If so you should have an electrician check it out, and definitely have your PC seen to.