Posted by: butterfly | 2008-11-11

meeting women who almost stole my man

About a month ago i found out my husband had become very good freinds with a women at work. There were many sms ' s sent back and fourth. And he was almost ready to leave me for her. Then one day he said he wanted to try again. Things have not been going to bad, however we are now going to his year end function and i now need to face this girl who is 7 years younger than me. She has asked him if i will make a seen, but he has told her that i am not like that. Do i ask he to show me who she is or do i ignore it and pretend it did not happen? I am feeling a little insecure and nervous, please help?

Why haver you not been working together in marriage counselling ? This is a large provblem to try to handle entirely on your own. In the meantime, be certain not to make a scene, which would only make you look bad --- be cooll, and leave it to HER to feel insecure and worried. Her age and even looks are irrelevant. When faced with the crisis, he chose you, not her. Leave it to her to remember that, maintain your dignity, and you will be admirable

Posted by: Naught One | 2008-11-12

Go and wear skimy close then flirt his hia colleages or even better with his boss... Hahaha!!! Only joking, but go and show face.

From a male

Reply to Naught One
Posted by: Tess | 2008-11-12

Its going to be difficult to play that nothing has gone on between them, and that you are going try and keep your pose. Goodluck, i hope the evening goes well. You have more guts than me. To keep quiet towards someone that your husband nearly left you for, it is just plain crap. Infact i would much rather stay home, but then that gives more opportunities for her to hook up with him. Sometimes life seems so unfair.

Reply to Tess
Posted by: Loli | 2008-11-12

Morning Butterfly
I can totally relate to what you are saying. Both hubby and I survived a similar thing last year. He was working with this single woman who was looking for a husband (she didn' t seem to mind anyone elses husband). She complimented him constantly, flirted and was over friendly. Thank goodness hubby was able to see through it all and 18 months later we are still together and even better than ever before. I haven' t met her and if the company does an end of year function I will definitely be there. It is time she realised she picked the wrong husband to try - our relationship was too strong for her.
Good luck and keep positive.

Reply to Loli
Posted by: JANET | 2008-11-12

Now tell me why is " the other woman"  getting all the blame. She too must have feelings of insecurity. Your husband should be blamed as much as the other woman - she was obviously much younger than him as well, so he should have been the adult in the mix. You will probably find out the he had been telling her " my wife does not understand me"  (sniff, sniff) or " our marriage is nearly over"  or some other sh*t. However, you will probably find that " the other woman"  will probably not attend the function or if she does she will feel worse than you. If you are going to go then just be yourself. You are who are and if you try and be anything else, you will come across as phony. Be at his side and be relaxed. Don' t confront her it would be unclassy

Reply to JANET
Posted by: JR | 2008-11-12

I would rather not know who she was, that only helps you keep your pose in front of other people. Pretend nothing happened and enjoy the night. If it feels like it is getting to much for you on the night, leave, nobody is going to stop you!

Reply to JR
Posted by: tp | 2008-11-12

I agree with Pose get all dolled up and show that you are the bigger person. Besides, you are not the one who commited adultrey and you have nothing to be ashamed of. It is your husband and the woman who should be wanting the earth to swallow them up. Last resort if you feel you cant cope is not to go to the function at all. Good luck

Reply to tp
Posted by: pose | 2008-11-11

i could not say it better tha that. get your gilfriends to help you to choose an outfit, make sure that everything is done to the T. hair, nails, make up, the lot. walk around with your man like a queen and carry your head up high and try to be yourself. thot whom your husband chose and do not be intimidated by a woman that doesnt even understand why your husband would choose you. you do not have to see her but you can be ceratin she will see you. dont be uptite and uncomfortable, not thinking abou ther beeing there would even be better. relax and have fun.

Reply to pose