Question
Posted by: BR | 2012-02-20

Meds not working-major depression

I was diagnosed with major depression, and spent a week in hospital, June last year.
I am currently on Epilim 300mg (one in the morning and one at night), molipaxin 100mg (one at night) and Cipralex 10mg (one in the morning).
I went off my meds for 2 weeks in December, as I did indulge (not overly so) and didn''t want to mix my meds with alcohol. I started again the beginning of Jan this year. Truth is, I wouldve thought the meds would have kicked in again, but I feel hopeless, am tearful mosþ  of the day, feel worthless and frankly, like life isn''t worth living. I have no drive and even getting up in the mornings is difficult-Im tired all the time!
I last saw my psychiatrist in November and hope to see her soon, however, I am without a car at the moment and getting to see her will be a problem.
What can I do in the meantime? How do I cope with the constant heaviness I feel?
Thank you!
BR

I am assuming you are being treated by a specialist Psychiatrist, as problems of this complexity should NOT be treated by a GP. Make a plan, even use a taxi, but you should see your psychiatrist as soon as possible for a re-assessment and a discussion of your treatment options. This is important. You are describing a serious level of depression, and this needs effective treatment and not delay

2

Posted by: Maria | 2012-02-20

You''re looking for excuses not to contact your psychiatrist. For me, that is a depression symptom and all the more reason to make that call. If you really cannot get there - ask someone for a lift, take a bus or taxi - you can still call, fax or email your p-doc. Hang in there, and ask for the help you need.

Reply to Maria