Question
Posted by: re | 2008/10/10

meds during pregnancy

I' m a 29 year old female that has been on inderal, aropax and normison, all for anxiety related issues, for almost three years.

My husband and i want to have a baby but i' m worried about coming off of my medication. A few weeks ago i forgot to take my pills two days in a row and i started having palpitations, hearing my heartbeat in my ears and eventually having a panic attack.

I' d like to know what the best way forward is?

Of these three, Aropax is the worst. See if you can change to a safer antidepressant. Inderal can cause problems with growth. I would suggest that you ask your gynaecologist and psychiatrist to talk to each other and work out the best combination for you.