Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2011/04/05

Meds and Hospitals

I have a diagnosis of Bipolar. And from what i understand i am in the middle of a mixed state. I worry about what my family and friends will think of me and i worry about losing my job if i go to hospital. I know i am stuck in a really dangerous place right now, i just dont trust that it can help me or make things better. Thanks for taking the time to respond, i am in a very emotional state today and this helps.

Dear S,
I understand the situation, and your concerns. I am sure your family and friends love you enough, and are intelligent enough, to understand and to be pleased that you are being well cared for, as you deserve. And if you feel you might be in a dangerous place, then getting to a safer place should be a priority. There should be a significantly better chance of things improving with admission than without it It's probably a symptom of your condition that you feel pessimistic, but place yourself in good hands, and give more treatment a chance.

2
Posted by: BakerStreet | 2011/04/05

You know a place called the White House? That tiny house has been a psychiatric hospital for more than a few presidents. No, I am not joking do some research on Bush, Nixion and a few others, they were on so much medication they could have farted a plantation and that was while they were doing their " job" 

Point being that mental hospital time or no mental hospital time lots of people are still mental, don''t worry about the stigma of having to go to such a place. Can you clarify please whether that is in fact your main concern, what people will think?

Reply to BakerStreet

Dear S,