Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2011/04/05

Meds and Hospitals

I am currenty on the following 
Venlor 225mg in the morning
Zyprexa 2.5 in the morning and 5 velotab at night
Epilim 800mg
Urbanol not sure the dosage

And i am still struggling with some out of control thoughts and actions. Now there is are efforts from my psychiatrist and psychologist for me to get into hospital. I am afraid of this. Do you think it helps. I am very distrustful and afraid of what it might mean for the rest of my life.

You don't mention what diagnosis or manner of problem has led to the recommending of these specific meds, or the wish for you to go to hospital, so it's hard to reply concretely.
Is this perhaps a very troublesome depression, or bipolar disorder ? Whatever the situation, a time in hospital could be really helpful all round - it means you are in a safe place where you should be well looked after, where the nurses can help to observe how your problems affect you through the day, and how these meds or any changes in them, help or don't help ; and where there is someone available on call 24/7 should you need more help. It should be helpful, and you should think seriosuly of accepting the invitation

3
Posted by: Liza | 2011/04/06

I''ve been admitted in both private psychiatric clinics and a government psychiatric ward. Even though I hate being so sick that I need a hospital stay, I like the hospital stay itself. If you have a medical aid, it''s like having a holiday paid for by the medical aid. I even enjoyed my government stay - although you don''t get to do the same fun stuff like occupational therapy.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: BakerStreet | 2011/04/05

Hi Sarah. I don''t believe you should fear being in hospital for further medication stabilization, although to be honest I would love to hear that you would be going to a private hospital and not a government one, regardless of either one you go to, it should not be that bad, remember what ever form of psychosis you have it is already being managed with medication so you will or should not experience any major psyche trauma being admitted to a hospital.

Just look out for all the religious nut cracker people and the people who worship satan, both groups seem to spend time in mental homes. Keep to yourself, don''t get on camera and you will be fine.

Reply to BakerStreet