Question
Posted by: Zexeon | 2010/10/10

meds

Hi CS,

I''m on 25mg of Risperdal contra cause I''ve declined the seroquel cause it caused weight gain. the problem is that he also prescribed Abilify 15mg for what is this? and am I also suppose to drink it for ever? Have an awesome Sunday.

Awe is in slightly short supply round here, but I'll try my best !
How long one would need to remain on any med depends on the diagnosis, the medicine, and how useful it is for you. Abilify is an interesting drug which can be useful in a number of conditions, including depression, bipolar disorder, and a range of psychotic and schizophrenic illnesses, so it's something like Seroquel or Risperdal. Weight gain is a nuisance, and seems to appear in SOME people on a great many drugs, not not in EVERYONE on any of them ! If the drug is otherwise proving very helpful, it is often worth trying diet and exercise to see if one can control the weight gain.

1