Posted by: Anon2 | 2009-01-19

Every time I read comments about psych. drugs I’ m worried about the amount of meds. I’ m taking. I always wonder if it could be reduced and what can I stop without disastrous effects. I’ m Bipolar (according to the shrink) and one of the prescribed drugs is Risperdal. I’ ve recently decreased the dose from 1,5 mg to 1 mg, because I’ ve started to experience severe twitching. I’ m scared I might develop TD. What could happen if I stop it completely? I’ m definitely not psychotic. I’ m also taking 350 mg Lamotrigine and Wellbutrin XL. The suicidal thoughts only stopped when the shrink changed the 150 mg Wellbutrin to Wellbutrin XL. Nothing seems to make any difference to the severe anxiety I experience.

The only way rto decide safely is to discuss this with your prescribing shrink, and. if you have concerns about that advice, seek a second opinion, a fresh assessment and further discussion. YOu really must ask these questions of the shrink who decided you needed Risperdal --- I can't guess what might happen without it. Maybe its for the anxiety symptoms, as a major tranquilizer, and one to which one does not become dependent, unlike other popular tranquillizers