Posted by: Newbie | 2011-10-05

meditation scare

Hi there,

I am new to the phenomenon of meditating. I havent really gone for any classes so have pretty much been doing what I feel.

So what i do is sit down, play some quiet music and then just try to quieten my mind>  i often go to a nature place and try to connect with guides.

Last night however, I was meditating and then i opened my eyes after about 6 mins. I had felt deep in a meditative state, but when i just opened my eyes i felt suddenly nauseas and dizzy for a bit and then it passed. Why did this happen? Im scared to meditate in fear it will happen again?

please help.

Expert ImageMeditation Expert

Meditation is a very simple tool of becoming aware of our deeper nature. And yet it is extremely powerful because it allows us to become aware of all our internal processes and inner reality.

The experience of nauseas and dizzyness can be from a few things. My first suggestion is to always consult your doctor in case there is something else wrong. Having said that it is also possible that uncovering some unconscious things can cause that to happen.

If you want personal advice please do contact me on 0823771994.

best regards
Warren Munitz

Posted by: Emmly | 2011-11-21

Action rueqries knowledge, and now I can act!

Reply to Emmly