Question
Posted by: Linda | 2010/02/03

Mediocre Sex Life - will it last?

I am very very happy with the man that I want to marry. He is an incredible man in more ways than one, and I wont dream of marrying anybody else.
BUT ... our sex life could be better. He hasn' t had many sexual experinences before we hooked up, and as a result is inexperienced.
He also has ED which we have been able to control and assist very well... we do often do the deed for about 15 minutes (but with him stopping and restarting as the sensations get too intense).
We do communiacte, but ofcourse I feel the need to be sensitive regarding he' s circumstances.
I am afraid that I will become bored of our sex life.

So my questions are:
Will we ever have " normal"  banging sex, or will he always have the over-sensitivity issue forever?
What tips can anybody offer me as to how I can prevent getting bored with our sex life.

Dear Linda,

It is very common for couples to need to learn to adapt to each other on so many levels, including sexually, as the establish a long term relationship.

It sounds that the two of you have of the important ingredients for a potentially successful and workable long term relationship.

The fact that the two of you are able to communicate about your sexual relationship, that your partner has trusted you and worked with you to address some of the initial sexual challenges is a very good sign.

It is of course impossible to predict the future. But should the two of you continue to communicate with each, and be open to working together on growing your sexual relationship, and as you get to know each other better and then become more confident in your sexuality, things potentially will improve.

You could also consider seeing a sex therapist for advice and support and guidance.

2
Posted by: XXX | 2010/02/04

It is important to be understanding and to communicate.There are meds these days to assist with issues too.
You both appear to have a lot going for you,so the sex can be worked and improved upon.
If he can manage 15minutes of sex then he is doing pretty well.
Good luck and keep practicing

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Sexologist | 2010/02/03

Dear Linda,

Reply to Sexologist