Question
Posted by: Help | 2011-02-02

Medicine Mix for pain

I am petrified to have a tooth pulled as I had complications with a previous extraction in Oct.

Is there any medicine I can mix together to form a potent mix, I still have like two synap forte''s left from my previous extraction and some exedrin pain tablets and maybe a grandpa tab or two.

Any suggestions please, I started stressing when my other tooth chipped now I have to have it extracted.

A cocktail such as you're contemplating would be a bad idea, and unpredictable in its effects. You could discuss this with your dentist who could select something simply for the anxiety, and would be careful giving you something useful for any pain afterwards. You will of course have made sure that he knows of whatever complications happened last time, so that these can be prevented this time round.
If a lot of dental work is needed and planned, a psychologist can help you learn to relax, to control the fears, and to handle the situation better

2
Posted by: Liza | 2011-02-03

I''ve also got a problem with dentists. If I absolutely have to go see one, I ask my doc for a tranquillizer first - just to take the edge off the terror of being in that chair... Trying to mix other medications isn''t a good idea because you don''t know whether the stuff will interact and perhaps either be too strong or not strong enough.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza