Question
Posted by: Peanut | 2009/02/09

MEDICATION WITH TRIPHASAL

I heard from a friend that when you use antibiotics the pil is not working and still after 2 weeks that you have stopped the antibiotics you can still fall pregnant. Please can you confirm if this is for all antibiotics. I had kidney stones last year and the doctor prescribed Uralyt-U and Puricos 300 to me for 6 months. How will this affect me using Triphasal?

Expert ImagePharmacist

No, its not that bad.

This is the rule: When taking an antibiotic use an alternative barrier method whilst taking your antibiotics AND for SEVEN days after as well.