Question
Posted by: Sandra | 2009/10/07

Medication to bring on ovulation

I have heard that there is medication that can be prescribed to bring on ovulation. Is this true? If so, that would take the guessing out of when I am ovulating and aid in conceiving. If this medication does exist, who would have to prescribe it and what are the side effects?

Dear Sandra

There are medications available to bring on ovulation however this should be given by your medical doctor, your gynaecologist or your fertility specialist. If given under medical supervision then the side effects are usually very low however there are side effects and the side effects would be the development of ovarian cysts or the development of multiple follicles.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

3
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009/10/21

Dear Sandra

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Zee | 2009/10/07

It might be Fertomed or Chlomid - fertility specialists or gyneas only prescribe this when someone does not ovulate on their own due to a medical problem.

Reply to Zee
Posted by: P | 2009/10/07

Not sure, but I think it' s called Utrogestan. On script from gynae.

Reply to P