Posted by: Chi | 2009-03-19

Medication -|- tail

I was prescribed Lamictin and Zoloft and I have been taking these for about 2 years for seizures, anxiety and depression. Last year I started having severe panic attacks and mild seizures again and my psychiatrist changed the Zoloft to Cymbalta. I have been feeling much better since then but the only problem is that I have put on about 10kg in less than 5 months. She has now prescribed Topamax to help me loose weight. What are the implications of taking so many different drugs together?

Lamictin and ZOloft sounds like a sensible combination, especially for the problems you mention. Cymbalta is a popular antidepressant ( and the good news is that here is now a cheaper generic equivalent for it ! ) ; some people may put on some weight whatever antidepressan they take.
Topamax is used at times in treating Bipolar Disorder, but I have never heard o anyone giving it for weight loss --- maybe you misunderstopod your shrink ? And the shrink will have taken into consideration the effectis of combining these meds, and must feel confident it will be helpful