Question
Posted by: diane | 2011/07/11

medication in pregnancy

i am 23 weeks pregnant and my gynae prescribed adco-metrinida (200mg) 3 tablets daily for 5 days. I have mild vaginal discharge. Is it safe to take during pregnancy, the leaflet cautions against this medication in pregnancy.

Yes it is fine at 23 weeks.

2

Yes it is fine at 23 weeks.

Posted by: Sonblom | 2011/07/12

Hi Diane, I know how you feel. Had to take 300mg (one a day for 3 days) Adco amoclav for a sinus infection. At 24 weeks again, other antibiotics 600mg (three times a day for 5 days) for a urinary track infection. My gynae assured me that it would be safe for baby and that it won''t affect baby at all although the leaflet also cautions agains use during pregnancy. Because testing during pregnancy is immoral and not done they have to protect themselves and mention that on leaflet. Curious to see what doc says about this. Good luck with your pregnancy!

Reply to Sonblom