Question
Posted by: Cat | 2010/07/07

Medication for muscle spasm (computer related)

I''ve been experiencing this stupid muscle spasm since forever. And it''s only when I''m working on the computer at work - and at home. I don''t think it''s because of the chair or how I sit - I''ve used all the guidelines on how to sit and which chairs to use. The spasm occurs only on the left, just below and to the left of my shoulderblade. I''ve used Spasmend and Bio-Baclofen for a while, but to no avail. Can you recommend any other muscle relaxants (I suppose that''s what I must use), or would you rather recommend I consult a physiotherapist?

Hallo Cat
Physiotherapy works well for an acute spasm but I've noticed that regular exercise of your upper back muscles helps a lot (like rowing)to prevent muscle spasms. Using heat packs and massage also helps.

3
Posted by: Lala | 2010/07/07

Go for physiotherapy and if that does not help I will suggest you see your GP. I had spasms for years and lately physiotherapy did not help. Ended up with neck surgery 4 weeks ago to replace a herniated disc. Good luck!

Reply to Lala
Posted by: S | 2010/07/07

Rather go to a chiropractor. I tried physio, but it didn''t work - the chiro sorted me out after 2 months of pain in just 2 sessions (and i felt sooo much better after just the first session.)

Reply to S
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/07

Hallo Cat