Question
Posted by: Ronel Bosch | 2012/07/31

Medication for Epilepsy

Dear Doctor
I use to take Epilum but weaned down and doesn''t take it anymore.
I am taking the following medication for Epilepsy:
Mornings: 1x 150mg Epitec, 1 x 50mg Topamax &  1 x 10mg Urbanol
Evenings : 1 x 200mg Epitec, 1 x 50mg Topamax &  1 x 10mg Urbanol
At this moment I am getting severe thremors so much so that I cannot hold anything and cannot walk. It is not a fit. Is this maybe a withdrawl symptom from the Epilum (used it 3 months ago) or is the combination of the current medication the problem? Please can you suggest something!!!???

Ronel

It is not due to withdrawal from the Epilum. You will have to consult your neurologist to determine the cause for the severe tremors. Some of the medication that you are using can cause a slight tremor but you are suffering from severe tremors and your neurologist will have to investigate this new symptom.