Question
Posted by: Sonia | 2010-03-06

medication contrast

I''m asking this question for my mother. The doctors think she may have ashtma, after doing a little reading and research is it safe to take both Symbicord and Prednisone at the same time?

Sonia

It is safe to take Symbicord and Prednisone together. The oral prednisone should only taken in a high dose for a very short period of time and then tapered to a smaller dosage. Chronic use of oral prednisone can cause problems like osteoperosis. Symbicord is very safe and can be used on a chronic basis to control asthma.