Question
Posted by: Please answer this, please! | 2010/08/14

Medication change killing me

Hi, firstly I changed anti-depressants for safety in pregnancy (not pregnant yet, but hope to surrogate). Since the change I have gone 100 steps back. I called my dr and she has decided that we should go back onto the old medication.
During this time of relapse, everything became irrational, including asking my boyfried of 2.5 years whom I live with, not to go to his 10 year reunion. How stupid, the man has been looking forward to seeing his mates for months - some even flew in from London!
Never mind, I got over that and wished him a GREAT weekend and I meant it.
BUT BUT BUT - he phoned a couple of times yesterday, the last call being at 8pm. I did not get the call, I was with family. I asked him to let me know he is safe when he goes to bed.
When I woke up at 6am - no damn call, no text!!
Now I am distraught and want to scream at him. I feel like I am going mad.

Please - help me be rational...

This sounds like an unusually severe reaction to a change in medications ( or an unusually severe reaction to a more minor reaction to a change in the medications ). I do hope your treatment is being supervised by a proper specialist psychiatrist, as the issues sound a bit too complex to work only with a GP.
And NEVER EVER alllow the issue of whether or when anyone else phones you, to be come so important. Calls usually have no importance whatsoever except for the importance you choose to place on them. Insisting on making them vital ups the odds of emotional distress that could have been entirely avoided.
You surely know from your own experience in life that so many different things can happen to make it impossibnle, or difficult to call someone, and one should not assume that no call inevitably means disaster. And presumably you could have called or messaged him if you really felt there were good reasons for being concerned ?

2

Posted by: Lin | 2010/08/14

You have to calm down. He maybe had a late evening and didn''t want to wake you bu phoning or texting. Hopefully by now he has called and you feel better.

Reply to Lin