Posted by: Mr.l Berger | 2010-09-27

medication and erectile disfunction

I am 53 years, healthy and very fit, 1,85m, weighs 78kg. 2 years ago diagnosed with slightly high colestrol-has been taking Crestor5 since then. Blood tests have shown my prostate is fine. Is it possible that the medication can cause erectile disfunction? Me and my wife have enjoyed a great sex life for 29 years, but my erection does not last throughout our love making session,and sometimes I have trouble ejaculating as well.

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

First place I would send you to is a cardiologist - any form of erectile dysfunction needs to be assessed by a cardiologist as ED seen as a symptom of a possible cardio vascular problem - Now you do have a cardio vascular problem- high cholesterol -and medication you are on definitely can be contributing towards your erection unreliability. yet I err on the side of caution and recommend you visit a cardiologist.
delayed ejaculation is not one of the side effects of your statin (crestor5) - however about 80% of the time ED and early ejaculation go together- you might be very anxious about your erection which gets you to have less arousal and thus pre orgasmic. i would also check your thyroid...