Posted by: Zelda | 2012-06-22

Medication addiction

Dear Doc
My mother, 70 years old, got addicted the last 20 years to Brazopan and Stilpain. She drinks about 4 Brazopan tablets a day (as she believes she is a nervous person!) and about 3-4 Stilpains a day due to pains in her hips. Her GP said that he wants to chat to her, as she cannot continue with the amount of pills (well he allowed and prescribed it with no problem all the years!).

How do you get off from these pills and what withdrawls can you expect. I am worried about my mom.

Thanks for your help.

Your mother will have to consult a psychiatrist for treatment, in order to wean herself from the tablets. She will not suffer any side effects, if she is weaned off correctly.