Question
Posted by: Zelda | 2012/06/21

Medication addiction

Dear Sir

My mother, 70 years old, got addicted the last 20 years to Brazopan and Stilpain. She drinks about 4 Brazopan tablets a day (as she believes she is a nervous person!) and about 3-4 Stilpains a day due to pains in her hips. Her GP said that he wants to chat to her, as she cannot continue with the amount of pills (well he allowed and prescribed it with no problem all the years!).

How do you get off from these pills and what withdrawls can you expect. I am worried about my mom.

Thanks for your help.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Zelda

Stopping these, particularly the Brazepam, will be hard and your mom will need the help of said GP to achieve this. She will therefore HAVE to speak to him about her intent to stop these. She will then have to be be slowly tapered off her current dose on a regime suggested by her doctor. All the best!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/06/25

Hi Zelda

Reply to pharmacist