Question
Posted by: Joan | 2010/03/04

Medication

Hi, I have been diagnosed with Osteoporosis. I take 1000mg
B-Cal-D daily. Do you know anything about Algae Cal Plus? Also I suffer with painful cramps in my feet (mainly at night or when I do certain excercises). Doctor suggested I take a magnesium supplement. Do you have a suggestion for a good supplement?... Thx

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Joan
Don't know Algae Cal Plus- it is usually better to stick with the better known calcium brands as we know that they don't contain harmful metals. Some Calcium supplements actually contain magnesium - try and get one with everything so that you don't have to swallow a handful of pills per day. If you ask your pharmacist, he/she can recommend a suitable supplement.

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2010/03/23

Dear Joan

Reply to Healthy Bones