Question
Posted by: Medi | 2010/02/08

Medication

I have beenon anti depressants since Oct 2008. First Cilift and then changed in Sept 09 to Cipralex. I want to get off it as I think I am ok now and it badly affects my sex life. I have started to taper off by taking 1 x 10mg (normal dose) for couple of days and then half a dose about one a week. I am now on 5mg everyday. Last week I skipped a couple of days and I thought I was fine. The weekend I was very irritable and aggressive and had the feeling of electric spike in my head. Yesterday I took 10 mg again. I am now confused whether I am doing the right thing.
The other thing is: I went to a new gynae on Friday. He put me on HRT (Angeliq) which I started on Friday night. Can that play any role?
I am 53 years old and had a hystorectomy 16 years ago. Last year my ovaries were also removed.
I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Your symptoms sound like withdrawal symptoms from the antidepressants. I doubt that they are related to the HRT. Consult your psychiatrist about this.

1