Posted by: Miss K | 2009-10-06

Hi there, I am six months pregnant, and two weeks ago I had a bit of a cold,dry cough and a runny nose, unfortunaterly there was nothing that I could use over the counter, I ended up using Woods Great Perpemint Cure that I misxed with ginger an drank it warm. I read the instructions provided in the box but there was no warning for pregnant woman, I thought it might be okay, but now I am a bit worried,what if it harms the baby. Secondly, when I discovered that I was pregnant I was taking an appetite suppressant called Duromine and occassionally I will take Nurofen as I suffer from terrible menstrual pains, that was 4 weeks before I dicovered that I was pregnant I used the painkillers twice meaning I had 4 tablets, I read somewhere that the first four months are crucial in the development of the foetus, I am not getting any answers from my GP nor my Gyne about any harm that might be caused by these drugs, please help.

Worried Mom.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Miss K

Allthough these drugs are not ideal in pregnancy, you're Gynae wll monitor your baby's development. My advise would be not to worry.