Posted by: Smiggi | 2009-09-03

Hi Doctor,
Could you advise me where I could go to get my medication. I was on Wellbutrin and Epitec but I can no longer afford to buy it or to see my Psychiatrist as I was retrenched. I am in Jhb North.

I can' keep track o spciic facilities in particular areas, especially as they change. The Anxiety-Depressiopn Support Group ( number on this page ) should be able to advise, and there should be clinics at Tara and the Medical School, and maybe other reachable hospitals, which may be able to help. Whether both those drugs are on the lists of drugs available at the clinics, is something I'm not sure of, but if not, they should be able to find useful alternatives for you to use.

Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2009-09-05

Epitec is lamotrigine which is available in several generic versions. It' s on code at all state psych hospitals, so you can get it there. Wellbutrin is still under patent, so I don' t know about that one.

Reply to Kay in Gtown