Posted by: PK | 2009-05-25

Last Friday at Bara my sister was told she has TB and today she went to collect first treatment, and they dont have all the medication. Can I buy this at chemist AUGMENTIN 375MG POLDS
And explain what are these tablets and can the other tablets works since she dont have the above mentioned ones. Please help.

Expert ImagePharmacist

The Augmentin 375 (PO TDS, meaning one tablet per mouth 3 times a day) is an short term antibiotic - Probably for an acute infection that is present right now. It is not part of the TB treatment, and hopefully she received all her TB medication at the hospital. The Augmentin is available at any pharmacy, but will require a prescription - Did BARA gave her the prescription so that she can have it privately filled?

Posted by: PK | 2009-05-26

Thanks so much information, Since she has her original prescription, I will go on Sat at Springbok Pharmacy to get it and thanks to explain since I was thinking that the other medication wont work if that other one its not there. Again THANKS.

Reply to PK