Dear CD

How do i wean myself off zolnox and epilum. I' ve been taking one Zolnox and 2 Epilim tabs every night for the last 9 months and want to stop taking them (Epilim is for mood swings). Can i just stop or will there be side affects?

Please do not stop these medication cold turkey, as you will experience side effects. I suggest that you start weaning yourself by taking half the normal dosages for at least a week and thereafter every second day for a further week.

Posted by: Jill | 2009-07-10

I breaking 1/3rd Zolnox to take nightly, another bit during night when wake up. Have become addicted with scary symptons, throat, mouth etc. What can I do? Been taking these 4 months Zolpyclone previously on and off. If I stop taking it I don' t sleep.
Am in UK and doc given me 3.75 mg Zopyclone - I sleep 3 hrs!!

Reply to Jill