Question
Posted by: Shireen | 2011/04/14

MEDICATED FOR HIGH BLOOD BUT GIVING ME LOW BLOOD

I am presently on Co-Pritor 40/12,5mg - 1 tablet a day for the treatment of High Blood Pressure. Ever since I am taking these tablets I am suffering from Low Blood Pressure instead. My readings havebeen between 65 and 55. I mentioned this to my specialist and he has advised that I cannot skip these tablets nor can I take half a tablet every day. Lately I have been extremely nauseas, tired, exhausted and not thinking straight. I have now stopped taking these tablets for the past three days and monitoring my blood pressure for the pasttwo evenings. The readings have been 78 and I have been feeing much better. Do you suggest that I see my physician again and take the blood pressure readings to him. Perhaps I do not have high blood pressure. I do have diabetes (on tablets only) and cholestrol. Can this lowblood affect my sugar levels etc?

Hallo Shireen
I suggest that you take a blood pressure reading preferably at a pharmacy clinic at more or less the same time daily for a week so that one can see what the average is. One can go on to Pritor alone if the blood pressure is too low on the Co-Pritor. However, if you are taking the medication for heart failure, stopping it may cause worsening of the heart failure.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/14

Hallo Shireen