Question
Posted by: Brian | 2011/03/03

Medical specialist appointment- type of leave taken

There is no urologist practicing in the town where I work and reside. On a 6 monthly basis I require a consultation with one to follow up on prostate cancer (PSA readings) and check up. This requires a day away from work as the uroligist who I''ve been referred to is 260km''s away from my hometown.
Am I required to apply for a day''s annual leave or could I submit a day''s sick leave on return with a letter from the uroligist confirming my appointment.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Medical Specialist Appointment - type of leave taken

You have to submit a sick leave day for the day that you are going to see your doctor.

1
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/03/04

Reply to Labour Lawyer