Posted by: Jolene | 2010-07-04

Medical Records

Hi There

My mother went into hospital for a minor procedure but due to " the blade slipping"  it turned into a life threatening operation and it was touch and go for her, she is recovering at home now, but I would like to request the hospital file and medical records from the gyneocologist, is this possible? as still no one seems to know exactly what happened and the stories change as well as the treatment she received in a " private hospital"  was shocking, I would like to read through her records &  see everything that was recorded?

You can consult a lawyer to get a subpoena, as the records are the legal property of the hospital and this is the only way that you will be able to go through the file.