Question
Posted by: Pots | 2012-08-06

Medical check ups for 60 year olds??

My old man has just turned 60 and is fairly stubborn when it comes to regular check ups.
He has a high stress job but apart from that is healthy, eats fairly well, drinks occasionally and exercises about three times a week.
What checkups should he be going for and how often?

Pots

Your dad should have a yearly physical examination for cancer of the skin, lymph nodes, thyroid, rectum and prostate. He should also have a blood pressure, vision and glaucoma check done every two years. A stool sample should also be done to check for blood. It is also important to have his cholesterol and blood sugar checked every three to five years. It is also important to have a sigmodidoscopy done after 50 years of age to exclude colon cancer.

1
Posted by: Pamela | 2012-08-06

General Bloods to check liver/kidney function, sugar, cholestrol,
etc. Cardiologist. Prostate examination.
Good Luck - been trying for a while to get my hubby to go too!

Reply to Pamela