Question
Posted by: Suzanne | 2011/11/29

Medical Care for Domestic Worker

My nanny has a 3 year old daughter that gets sick sometimes.
She takes her to the Clinic in Khayelitsha where there are long queues that can take a whole day before she sees someone.
I''m going to take her to my GP now that charges R400 for a consultation. Is there medical help that is better than going to the clinic but not as expensive as a GP?

Suzanne

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a cheap medical aid that will provide good coverage. State clinics are free of charge and quick medical help comes at a premium.