Question
Posted by: HB | 2010/02/01

Medical Aid problem

Where can I go to lodge a complaint about my medical aid which doesn' t want to pay for an endometrial ablation? Even after three motivations from my doctor! I' ll lodge a complaint to the aid as well, but suspect I' ll be knocking on an unanswered door.......

If it does not fit the criteria of your package then the medical aid is not obliged to pay. The only way to address it would be through the complaints section of your medical aid.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/02/03

Demand to speak to the call centre manager rather than the untrained operator, and then demand to speak to someone with the authority to deal wtih the issue. Don' t get fobbed off on the duty supervisor of the call centre.

Reply to Purple